Sunday, February 19, 2012

Escaping Death

Chillin at the bus stop one morning, I see a car drive past and flip a u-turn. No biggie. Ya, no biggie until he pulled up and stopped in front of me at the bus stop on busy grant road.

"Hey, hop in."

"Excuse me?" Did I just hear that right?

"Hop in."

"No...thank you. I'm just waiting for the bus."

What the. Not sure if I should be polite in my decline or confused or call the police. He didn't look too dangerous, but creepy molesters don't always look the part. Did I know him? Definitely not. Luckily he drove off immediately. Did he really think I would get in his car?? The more I thought about it, the more I realized he was definitely a creepy molester trying to abduct me. I know there has been someone in town abducting 13 year olds from bus stops, but I didn't exactly fit that description...mostly.

Then the ride home was eventful as well. I was reading one of the many Scarpetta books from Claudia's bookshelf and a man with no teeth asked me if it was a Scarpetta book. We began a sophisticated conversation about Patricia Cornwell books, as he was a fan. Another man jumped in the conversation agreeing how much he enjoyed Patricia Cornwell. This particular book, Unnatural Exposure, was written in 1997 and a big focus is America Online (AOL if you will) and chat rooms. Remember those? heh. Our flash back convo stopped suddenly when my attention diverted to one of my good friends, Drunk and Disorderly, as he got on the bus. This time he was sporting a killer mullet and a few missing teeth. Nice to see he's been doing well.

I wasn't surprised when another over-sized gentleman carrying a handle of vodka became his immediate friend, while others were scrambling to sacrifice their seats by moving to the opposite side of the bus (due to the smell).

The overwhelming fun of the ride came to a stop when it was time to get off. I joyfully jumped out the back door and heard a very concerned yelp. I turned to my right and my life flashed before my eyes because a gentleman on a bicycle swerved to not hit me and crashed into the curb. We both apologized profusely.

It was time to get home. I escaped death twice that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment