Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Wave

Mr. No Cell Phone waved at me twice last week.

The first time I gave a half smile back and then stewed with anger as to why he waved at me. Does he think we are friends? Absolutely not. Why does he get under my skin so much??

Then he waved at me again a few days later. I gave no response as I moved to the farthest back of the bus I could get. I scowled and knew he was watching me so I just stared out the window. I knew he had to be patronizing me. Why does he do everything he can to irk me? Patronizer!

Why do the bus people have to be so weird?? I have been riding with this guy who works for the City of Tucson and every day he wears his stained city shirt that he tucks in below his gigantic gut that I'm pretty sure has been growing over the past few months. He always has a handkerchief around his neck that is tied in the front with bola ties and reading magazines such as "American Cowboy" and "Western Horseman."

The other morning, Mother Hen got on the bus and sat next to City Worker Cowboy. They exchanged their hellos and then he began to go on and on about an AMAZING article about some Montana cowboys that went to Russia with their horses and cows and taught them how to be cowboys! Unbelievable!! can you even believe that? I didn't even know about that!

Pretty hilarious that Mother Hen just stared at him and tried to politely follow along and agree with how amazing his story was.

Congrats to him about his excitement with this story, but sharing it with random bus people, lets just say they probably don't share the same excitement.

Back to Mr. No Cell Phone - I finally peeked around the head in front of me to see what he was doing. He was standing at the front of the bus, even when there were plenty of open seats. Then a random girl got on the bus and guess what he does. He waves at her!! I feel some relief when he isn't patronizing me anymore. Well probably never was. He just likes to wave at people getting on the bus... ok. Ya I guess I feel better about that.

But we're still not friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment