Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wind

Mr. No Cell Phone strikes again. This time, there was no phone borrowing involved, but I'm beginning to think this guy needs to go away.

It was the day of my board meeting at work so I had to get up extra early. I had a nice dress on and had taken extra time on my hair to make sure I looked nice and professional. Because of my board meeting, I got on the bus at a much earlier than usual time. I put my hand down to take a seat and hear, "Nooo." I look over with devil eyes and with a very cranky voice reply "No?" Mr. No Cell Phone shakes his head back at me and says "Uh uh." I scowl, shake my head and although I stubbornly want to just sit down, I think "it isn't worth it," and proceed on to another seat. A better seat.

From my new, better seat, I see the guy that carries around a disc-man take the spot I had been denied. Mr. No Cell Phone and Mr. Disc-Man start chatting it up like some fun morning bus club. Ugh. He could have at least put something in that seat to indicate he was "saving" it for his bus friend.

I'm contently reading my book until the lady in front of me starts fiddling with the window area. I can't figure out what she is doing, but I ask her if she is trying to request a stop. Before waiting for her reply, I pull the stop request for her. Of course she was just unsuccessfully trying to open the window, not trying to request a stop. So I have to yell to the driver "never mind!" She was nice though and thanked me anyway.

Of course at this point, Mr. No Cell Phone has to get involved. He asks the lady in front of me what's up and she says she can't get her window open and it is really hot in here. He comes over to try to help her open her window and it won't budge. So he says "what about this window?" as he reaches over me to open my window. My blood starts boiling. The nice lady in front of me says "well I don't know if she wants that window open." But Mr. No Cell Phone already had MY window open. THEN he asks if I mind that my window is open. I curtly and painfully reply "its fine" as the wind ferociously rips through my nicely done hair.

At my stop, I was glad to get off quickly. Jumping out the door I hear "BYYEEEE!" bellowing from Mr. No Cell Phone. I don't turn around or reply.

Man I hate that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment